Escape from Pretoria 2020


Escape from Pretoria         
2020
Thriller                       


IMDb 6.8


Cast:

Daniel Radcliffe as Tim Jenkin
Ian Hart as Denis Goldberg
Nathan Page as Mongo
Nath Stephen Hunter as Peter Jenkin

Based on the real-life prison break of two political captives, Escape From Pretoria is a race-against-time thriller set in the tumultuous apartheid days of South Africa.






                   
           







Audience reviews

Rebecca Lynn Stewart

I gave this movie 5 stars for a bunch of reasons. First being the entire movie had that feeling of anxiety, where they going to get caught here, does this guard do this and just very suspenseful. I was also amazed that Daniel Radcliffe's character was so well made I didn't even think about Harry Potter most of Dan's movies now make me still relate him to Harry Potter but this movie had my full attention. I also loved that it's based on a true story, because that's insane in itself and than the actual Tim was in the movie in small bits. Overall this was a fantastic movie, very suspenseful, attention keeping, and amazing acting.
Sreerag Sudheesh
Had no clue what this movie was about, but learned a lot from the movie and I am interested in gaining more information about Apartheid and the ANC Leaders. The movie is a gripping thriller which keeps you on the edge of the seat till the end. Good cinematography and BGM also adds to the viewing experience. Wish I had a theater release after the Corona Pandemic so that I can enjoy it in theaters.
Go ahead and watch it without regret.
Robert Black
Brilliant. The second five-star movie with Harry Potter in it, I have watched in as many weeks. Though hard to tell apart at times, Harry Potter and Frodo are both appearing in great movies these days. Total suspense for 95 % of the movie. It is also politically correct in its content. But I would be happy for this movie to win an Oscar on ITS OWN MERITS, rather than just because of the message. Wouldn’t that be a first?
IMDbReviews            RottenTomatoes Reviews

Categories:
Similar Videos

0 comments: